History of Jerilderie Shire Council
Jerilderie Shire Council was declared in 1918 after the amalgamation of the former Municipality of Jerilderie (1889 - 1918) and Wunnamurra Shire (1906 - 1918).
At the time of the merger with Murrumbidgee Shire Council, Jerilderie Shire had a resident population of approximately 1,496 and covered an area of 3337.5 square kilometres and was the second smallest Council in NSW.
Jerilderie Shire Council was well known as a progressive rural Council. One of the smaller NSW Councils, Jerilderie Shire was highly regarded for the instigation of its profitable private works programme.