Murrumbidgee Council is a member of the Western Riverina Library Service
Due to COVID-19, the Mobile Library is currently offering home delivery to the townships of Coleambally and Darlington Point every Friday. This is instead of the regular service where you enter the truck and choose your book. If you live out of town, you are able to collect your materials from the Council office. Vist the Western Riverina Libraries website to reserve your book or other resource.
Normal Mobile Library schedule (currently suspended):
Coleambally each Wednesday and can be found out the front of the Shire Hall along Kingfisher Avenue from 2.00 pm - 4.30 pm.
Darlington Point each Thursday and can be found between the Council Chambers and the Medical Centre from 2.00 pm - 4.15 pm
More information or call 02 6962 8300
(Ph) 03 5886 1868
The Jerilderie Library is located at 41-43 Jerilderie Street
We have free WiFi and it can be accessed from outside of our library building.
Jerilderie Library is open the following hours:
- Monday 10.00am - 5.00 pm
- Tuesday CLOSED
- Wednesday 10.00 am - 6.00 pm
- Thursday 10.00 am - 5.00 pm
- Friday 10.00 am to 5.00 pm
Closed daily for lunch 12 noon - 12.30 pm
We have had the following changes at the library due to COVID-19:
- Non-members are welcome to visit the library. We are no longer open only to members.
- Please borrow using the self-loan station.
- Return your items through the chute. They are then quarantined for 24 hours and sanitised before they’re returned to the shelf.
- We allow up to 15 people in the library at once (this includes staff).
- Your library card is essential to borrow.
- The knitting group can resume, but is limited to 5 people, maintaining physical distancing.
- We ask that you stay home if you’re unwell and get tested if you have any COVID-19 symptoms.
The health and safety of our staff and community is our top priority, so please be patient as we resume our services while carefully following Public Health Orders.
Services/activities available: printing, photocopying and scanning, public computers and free WiFi (non-members are welcome to use these services), knitting group.
Services unavailable: programs (storytime, movies) newspapers, school newsletters, Lego, Xbox, games or toys.
Home delivery is available for members within the Jerilderie township who are unable to get to the library.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
It's a fantastic facility for all members of the community.
Previously located at the Old Court House, the current library was opened on 15 April 2009.
It has a combination of historic and modern influences and is a replica to the original “Banksi” which once stood at the site. Some of the material was recycled from the original building, including a front window, doors, a mantel piece and ceiling rose which is a feature in the “Banksi” room, named after the original building.
The construction of the new library also included engaging local Artist Helene Mortlock to design two glass panels to display as you walk into the library. The panels illustrate some of Jerilderie's rich history and also present day and include photographs as well as Helene’s artistic drawing. The panels can be viewed during normal library opening hours.
The library also has a separate meeting room available for hire, the Monash Media Room. Bookings for the Monash Media Room should be made through the Council Office, by telephoning 03 5886 1200.Monash Media Room Floor Plan
What's on at the Library
- Storytime for Babies and Toddlers - Every Wednesday, 10.30 am - CURRENTLY SUSPENDED
- Family History Group - Mondays, 11.00 am - CURRENTLY SUSPENDED
- Knitting Group - Thursday mornings
- Movies at the Library - 3rd Wednesday of the month at 1 pm - During School Holidays - 10.30 am - CURRENTLY SUSPENDED
Check out the Jerilderie Library Facebook Page for more details.
- Audio Books
- Computer for Public Use
- Inter-Library Loans
- Large Print Books
- New Releases
- Music CDs
- Children's Books - large range
- Reference materials
- Community Information
- Facsimile Service - sending & receiving
- Pamphlet files
- Laminating Service
- Scanning Service
- Free Internet Access
- Young Adult Resources
- Xbox with various games
Jerilderie Library has access to various databases for searching out specific information:
To look for information on: *Health *Current Affairs *Science *Social Science *Business *Literature *Australian Standards try searching our Free Online Databases, either from home or in the library:
To Search Now:
- Click on the link below to search catalogue
- Click on member login tab
- Enter you library member number (refer to your library card)